Are you interested in becoming a volunteer?
We are always looking for volunteers to assist us throughout the week for many of the tasks that are required in maintaining a library that truly serves the local community. We also have a great need for volunteers to assist with the programs and events we conduct throughout the year. Our annual events include the Summer Reading Program, the annual Book Sale and more!
Not sure where you can help? Here is a list of the duties we normally need assistance with:
- Read (organize) books on the shelves
- Keep children's room organized
- Organize newspapers and magazines
- Sort donated books, magazines, DVDs and CDs
- Shred paperwork not needed
- Cut flags for interlibrary book loans
- Clean audio/video disks
- Prepare upcoming craft projects
- Assist with programs for children and young adults
- Provide weekend storytelling
- Assist in setup and/or cleanup of programs or events
- Pass out program flyers through the Village
- Facilitate classes or lectures
- Repair books
- Plus much more!
Your time as a volunteer with the library is so appreciated. It is a donation that gives so much to our community. If you would like more information on volunteering at the library please stop in to visit us, call us at 315-686-3762 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.